Thursday 7 June 2012

Musical Interlude...

I'm often asked about my music and why I rarely discuss it here. Why the conspiratorial silence?! Has he got something to hide?... Well no. The reason is far from that exciting. I simply try to keep the various aspects of my life in nice neat little boxes. Far less hassle that way!

On this occasion though, I thought it would be good to share with you my return to the world of rock legends: The Who. Anybody who has read my articles regularly will know that six months ago, my 14 year association with the longest running UK tribute act to The Who - "Who's Renown" - came to an ammicable end. I've always kept very busy with other musical projects, so I was surprised to bump into my ex-associates (bass player and drummer) in the studio recently.

They were working on a project with a mutual guitarist friend of mine, who is heading off to work over seas for several months. Catching up on old times posed the idea of recording a few tracks for posterity with our guitarist friend (who incidentally had never approached the material in this environment before!). Armed with a knackered voice (after a day of singing other material) and my camera (which goes everywhere musically!), we recorded well into the night. I had a great time getting back together with the old gang, despite the sore throat, tiredness and bum notes. That's what you get for not playing the songs regularly!

Below are 3 tracks: "The Kids Are Alright", "5;15" & "Baba O'Riley" (Teenage Wasteland!), and I've also included 2 live recordings from our final show together in Santa Pod last year (well worth a look)... just for old time sake! Turn your volume up to eleven and I hope you enjoy.

Long Live Rock!
Carl - The Truth Seeker's Guide.








Live footage from final show:



8 comments:

E. M. Prokop said...

Hey Carl...great music! I especially like 'I'm Free', it's one of my favourite Who songs...I love 'Tommy'!...excellent work, you should be so proud!

christopherdossantos3@gmail.com said...

Fantastic Carl, I very much enjoyed your musical interlude brother.

In Lak'ech, prosper in truth live in tune...

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

Many thanks Eve.
I used to get a real subversive kick out of performing songs fron Tommy - "didn't hear it, didn't see it, won't say nothing to no one ever in your life!" - as it relates to so much of what I try to do here. Townsend was very astute when he wanted to be!
All the best.
Carl (The 'Guide)

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

Cheers Christopher.
I enjoyed catching up and singing the songs again. Glad you liked it!
All the best my friend.
Carl (The 'Guide)

captron52 said...

Hey Carl Thanks man! I really enjoyed hearing your music. Great work! You and the band sound and look great!

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

Thanks Cap. Glad you liked it.
It was always such a great experience to perform with the band.... Some great memories! It's good to get back together every now and again and do something like this.
Peace to you and yours my friend.
Carl (The 'Guide)

Amanda said...

Wow, you guys sound great! Thanks for posting these.

The Truth Seeker's Guide said...

You're welcome Muluc.
Thanks for the support and I'm glad you liked!
All the best.
Carl (The 'Guide)